Traditional braces are effective at repositioning and realigning a patient’s teeth, but metal braces are not necessary for everyone. If there is mild to moderate crowding or mild to moderate spacing of the patient’s teeth, a sound alternative to metal braces is the Invisalign clear alignment trays method.
- Comfort- Invisalign trays are made of an elastic thermoplastic that is designed to fit over your teeth comfortably. If the Invisalign clear alignment trays cause irritation to your gums, you can remove them easily. Also, since Invisalign trays are specially designed for your teeth, they will fit your mouth perfectly and do not require tightening appointments, saving you the discomfort of having braces repositioned or tightened. Metal braces can often cut the gums and inside of the mouth, with Invisalign you don’t have to worry about this discomfort.
- Convenience- Because Invisalign trays are removable, eating is more convenient. With traditional braces, certain foods, like popcorn or seeds, can get stuck in the metal causing an unscheduled dental check up to clean out the braces. With Invisalign you never have to worry about missing out on your favorite foods, just remove the tray and enjoy your meal.
- Easier Treatment- Invisalign trays do not require extensive dental appointments because they don’t need to be tightened or cleaned. With Invisalign, all you have to do is wear your clear alignment tray for two weeks straight then go to Dr. Pryor’s office in Van Buren, MO to get your next alignment tray. Each tray needs to be worn for at least 20 hours every day for two weeks. Overall, Invisalign trays need to be worn for a little over a year, shortening the treatment time of traditional braces by as much as one year.
- Appearance- One of the best parts of Invisalign is that, just like the name suggests, they are invisible. The clear alignment trays are much less noticeable than traditional metal braces, allowing you to feel less self-conscious about the appearance of your teeth.
- Realignment- Despite all of these benefits, Invisalign would be worthless if it did not realign the teeth properly. Because each Invisalign set is molded specially for your teeth they will realign your teeth to the final position that will best serve your mouth.
If you are interested in Invisalign or any of our other services you can make an appointment here or by calling our office at 573.323.4287.