Missing a tooth can be a burden. It makes brushing and flossing difficult and chewing can be painful. Unfortunately, many patients who are missing a tooth put off getting the issue corrected because of dental anxiety.
Here at Pryor Family Dental, we understand dental procedures like dental implants can be a nerve-wracking experience. We want you to be as comfortable as possible while we place your dental implant, which is why we offer sedation dentistry services to our patients. The sedation method we use is the ever popular nitrous oxide sedation, also known as laughing gas.
Nitrous oxide is incredibly efficient at eliminating a patient’s dental anxiety. But reducing anxiety levels is not the only benefit of sedation dentistry, especially when dental implants are being installed. Some of these added benefits of sedation dentistry are:
- Comfort: Nitrous oxide increases the patient’s pain threshold, making their dental visit more comfortable. This will also make the overall procedure much easier on Dr. Christy Pryor as well as yourself.
- Fewer Appointments: When you are sedated during a dental visit, you can typically tolerate longer treatment periods. This means what used to take two or three appointments can now be done in one!
- Saves Money: While sedation services cost extra, fewer appointments will end up saving you money in the long run. Additionally, you won’t have to take as many days off work.
- Better Treatment Quality: A relaxed and comfortable patient makes life easier on Dr. Pryor. With nitrous oxide, we won’t have to worry about your gag reflex or movements. Instead, we can focus solely on the procedure.
- No Memory of the Procedure: Many patients have no memory, or little memory of their dental procedure when sedation is used. This can help with your anxiety for future dental visits.
Impact on Dental Implants
As you can tell, nitrous oxide can be incredibly beneficial for many different types of services. If you are in need of a dental implant, sedation dentistry might be a good option for you. Many patients are anxious about having dental implants placed since the procedure takes several months, there are multiple surgeries, and the implant needs to be placed in your jaw bone.
With sedation dentistry, dental implants are no longer scary. If you are in need of a dental implant and would like nitrous oxide to be administered, you can contact us here or call us at 573.323.4287 to schedule an appointment.